Be prepared for lots of dessert recipes! Anyone with a sweet tooth would be delighted with the next few posts of sweets in the coming weeks! Here’s a mung bean cake recipe.
Mung Bean Cake recipe
200g plain flour
400g split mung beans
1. Soak 400g of split mung beans overnight
2. Strain and steam mungs for 40 minutes
3. Blend mung beans while hot
4. Pour into mixing bowl and cool for 5 minutes before adding sugar to mix (this will be the filling).
1. Mix plain flour and butter untill well combined. Pour water into the mixture slowly, then knead to form a soft and elastic dough.
2. Divide dough into small portions then slightly press and wrap each dough with mung bean paste. Shape into a ball. Flatten it and rest the dough for 15 minutes.
3. Heat up oil for deep frying in medium heat until golden brown. Dish up and drain. Leave to cool before serving.