Have you tried glutinous rice balls when you go for Dim Sum/Yum Cha? They usually have them in the dessert cart. Have a go with this easy recipe after the jump.
Ingredients for the wrapper
1 cup rice flour (leave some for coating)
¾ cup glutinous rice flour
3 tbsp sugar
1½ cup water
Ingredients for the filling
1¼ cup peanuts (roasted and crushed)
2½ tbsp roasted sesame seeds
5 tbsp sugar
1. Bake the rice flour for 45 minutes at 120ºC and stirring every 10 minutes. Set it aside to cool.
2. Mix water and sugar. Pour into the glutinous rice and mix.
3. Grease a tray.
4. Pour glutinous mixture into the tray.
5. Steam for ½hour or until cook. Set it aside to cool.
6. Pour the cooked glutinous rice dough into the roasted rice flour.
7. Cut into small portion and flatten each dough. Fill the dough with the filling.
8. Seal the dough.
9. Coat with the roasted rice flour which you set aside. Serve.
Approximately 20 pieces were made from this recipe, depending on the size of each rice balls.